Saturday, November 25, 2023

Realization about H.W. (Hosea) Sullivan

 I had posted earlier about H.W. Sullivan and Nimrod Lewis jointly selling land in Burke County, GA in 1815.  I had hypothesized that they might have been married to sisters.  However, Sullivan married Penelope Jones and I could find no connection between Nimrod and the Jones family.  However, I finally looked at all the facts I had on Sullivan, which were not many.  One that stood out, however, is that his daughter Elmira (Almira) was born in 1811 and he did not marry Penelope until 1816.  This makes it very unlikely that she is Elmira's mother.  It also means that whatever the connection was with Nimrod, it was probably not the Jones marriage since that did not happen until a year later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment