Thursday, June 5, 2014

Another Lesson learned

Yesterday I posted about the Sullivan/Daniel deed selling land to the Perrys.  I started doing some research on the people involved to determine what, if any, connection there was between the families.  I found information which indicated that Mary Sullivan was originally Mary Shanley/Shunley/Shurley possibly the daughter of Aaron.  Went back and looked at the deeds and sure enough, the one before the sale to M.F. Perry is a deed between Berry Sullivan and Aaron Shurley.  However, since at the time I was photographing these I was only interested in the Perry ones, it never occurred to me to look at the deeds around them.  Therefore, I only have the very end of the previous deed and will need to go back to Crawford County to see the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment